[pmwiki-users] Comments

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Nov 28 19:38:29 CST 2006

Tuesday, November 28, 2006, 9:18:46 PM, Mark wrote:

> It wasn't clear to me if the extra option I was looking for was that on the
> content page a note or message is posted about a discussion or comment
> taking place about the content page. I do see that it wont post to every
> page and that it can be set up to post to a new comments page.

I just uploaded an updated zip file for commentboxplus.
I added an array variable $PostToCommentPageFmt, which sets permission
to post comments to a number of specific pages (rather than having to
allow comments to all pages or to all pages in a group). You can add
pages to the array, or redefine it at will. Please read the note about
Posting to other pages on the cookbook page.

Mark, as you've seen, my example shows the comments on the content
page, although they are on a separate page. If there are no comments
you can still se the comment box, inviting users to add a comment.
First comment posted will create the new comment page automatically.
Using page variables like {$FullName}-Comments will make sure that
comments are posted to pages individually attached to a specific
content page, i.e. using its name with an appendix. I thought that
that is what you were asking for.

Commentboxplus allows commenting even when no edit rights are granted.

This system will be quite useful for blogs as well.

Hans