[pmwiki-users] Useability

writeon1 writeon1 at mchsi.com
Tue Nov 28 19:38:57 CST 2006

Thanks for the encouraging emails, most recently from Sandy.

Latest effort: I began to look at ZAPdata's automatic user registration
process. The documentation is still underdevelopment - not surprising
for such a new and multi-faceted feature. Wrote to Caveman - he had he
had some suggestions regarding a problem I had getting the registration
set up, and he invited me to re-contact him if I needed further help. In
short, the PMwiki community is very supportive and almost any problem
can be fixed - but the time required is still considerable.

My hope is that one of these days PMwiki will have a feature like the
Boost module for phpwebsite. The procedure there is: Select the
Administration tab, click  Boost, find your module in the list and click
"install". After that, pretty much everything is 'check the boxes and
fill in the blanks'. If it's not a module that comes with the system, it
has to be uploaded, but then Boost takes over. Of course, PMwiki has a
host of other desirable features, or I'd have put everything onto
phpwebsite.  So right now, I'm set up on Peanut Butter Wiki. It lacks
several nice PMwiki features, but it gets the job done and if it's not
quite as easy as "making a Peanut Butter Sandwich", it still saves time.
In the meantime, I'll putter about with PMwiki and maybe one of these
days, I'll shout Eureka! and make the switch.

Thanks,
Brendan