[pmwiki-users] new site -- OK after editing config.php

Jeb Eddy jeb at mac.com
Tue Nov 28 13:15:34 CST 2006

I'm up and running. Thanks for all the responses.  They contained
ideas I had not considered.

But...

Neither "Installation" nor "Initial Setup Tasks" pages say anything
about the 2nd and 3rd variables in local/config.php:

$ScriptUrl

and

$PubDirUrl.

I had seen them in the process of experimenting with my standalone
PmWiki, but had not had to set them.

Once I edited them to my domain and the pmwiki/local/config.php and
the corresponding "pub" folder, everything seems to be fine.

I do not know how common it is for a newbie to have his/her site
appear as text only at first.

The fix is easy once I know what to do.

I suggest that the Installation page get some short additions re the above?

Now it's time for me to learn about Farms...

Thanks,

Jeb