[pmwiki-users] Have two separate blocks, without vspace?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Nov 23 13:22:20 CST 2006

On Sun, Nov 19, 2006 at 02:15:52AM +0000, Lucian Wischik wrote:
> My first paragraph is left-aligned.
> %right% The next paragraph must be right-aligned but without
> any "vspace" above it.
>
> What's the best way to achieve this?

We've discussed this many times in the past but haven't
really come up with a good solution.  The issue is that PmWiki
thinks that the second line (beginning with "%right%") is
still part of the paragraph on the previous line.

I know that we had identified several possible solutions
to this, but I forget what we ended up with.  I know
that one possibility is to do the following:

    My first paragraph is left-aligned.

    %right margin-top:0% The next paragraph is right-aligned,
    but without any "vspace" above it.

> I discovered that angled brackets >><<...>><<
> around the first paragraph will work. Are they a good solution?

That works also, if you don't mind the extra <div> it
generates.