[pmwiki-users] Edit bar

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Nov 21 05:26:17 CST 2006

Tuesday, November 21, 2006, 11:10:16 AM, Mark wrote:

> I am wondering if someone knows how to add ...

> A spell checker with UK, Aust and US english

Firefox 2 has a build-in spellchecker for text fields.
Use Firefox!

there is also a cookbook page for adding a dedicated spellchecker:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SpellChecker
But this may be tricky or impossible to set up.

> Smilely drop down list
> Special characters drop down list
> Symbols drop down list

First, you probably got that, add to config.php:

# add guibuttons to std edit form
$EnableGUIButtons = 1;

For adding smilies look here:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WikiSmileys

For adding other special buttons to the GUI, look here:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/GuiEdit

You may have to define your own buttons, for special characters for
instance, or other symbols.

Hans