[pmwiki-users] skin.php to count string lenght of $page['text'] for browser compatibility

Carlos A. Bonamigo carlos.ab at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 10:43:37 CST 2006

Hi list,

I want to count the string lenght of $page['text'] from skin.php, to change
some css rules - mostly the padding-bottom on #wikitext{} -  and make the
sinorca skin compatible with IE 5.5 and 6.0 when #wikitext is shorter than
sidebar.

I'm doing this on skin.php:

if ( strlen($page['text']) < 2200) {
	$HTMLStylesFmt['skin']="#wikitext{padding-bottom:12em;}";
}

But I always get '0' for strlen. I have also tried $Pcache['text'] but I got
the same result and I can't figure out why?

Can someone help me out?

TIA

Carlos