[pmwiki-users] Uploads

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Tue Nov 14 13:08:48 CST 2006

Mark Trumpold wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I know I sent this out but I still don't get it.
>
> I would like my students to be able to UL a file/image to a folder via the
> edit form/page.
>
> I have the guiedit icon and the markup but I cant get it so they can browse
> for the file on their HD and then UL it to my server.
>
> How do it do it?
>
> Cheers
>
> Mark

1. Assuming you've set
$EnableUpload = 1;
$DefaultPasswords['upload'] = crypt('whatever');

2a. In the page you're editing, add a link to the new file and upload
it. Ignoring the GUI buttons, enter one of the following wiki-text:
Attach:linkname
[[Attach:image.jpg]])
[[(Attach:)file.ext]]

Each one gives a different result, explained in
http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Uploads under Attach: Syntax.

2b. Use the Upload link. It's part of the default install, in
Site.PageActions. The default skin puts this at the top right.

Either way, the link should open a new page and form, with JavaScript,
similar to:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Skins?action=upload

Hope this helps,

Sandy