[pmwiki-users] Automatic author name

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Tue Nov 14 11:33:27 CST 2006

Jason Jarvis wrote:
>> What kind of user authentication scheme are you using?
>>
>> I may be able to help get the $Author field working as I spent the weekend
>> banging my head on a very similar problem (which I eventually solved).
>>

> I am not using any kind of user authentication. If you would be happy to help me
> avoid banging my head all weekend that would be much appreciated! Thanks

Strange. I had assumed you were having trouble because of the authentication
scheme you were using. If you are just using the default system then the
$Author variable should already be behaving as you wish. The first time
someone enters a name in the Author field when editing a page and saves, it
should create a cookie which is used to fill out that field automatically from
then on. Is this not happening, or is there some other functionality that you
want it to have?