[pmwiki-users] End user documentation

Hans Huijgen lighans at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 02:57:11 CST 2006

David,

I use pmwiki for a secondary school in the Netherlands. (for example
http://biologie.fali.nl )
Firsttime users, especially teachers, get a very short introduction
from me, to explain the most simple commands, like bulleting,
numbering, headers and links. Then I point them to the documentation
included.

Most interesting is that my explenation is releiving, but most of the
time hardly used. They find there own way. Some use the examples under
the edit-page. Others entirely rely on the buttons (sometimes scream a
little, when they see the code appear: Did I do that? (-: ). Others,
print the documentation ..... At this moment there are roundabout 10
active writers and they all learned pmwiki differently. The section
French was very impressed of my translation skills. One started to
talk his native language. I had to tell them it was only one line in
my configuration file :-) Too bad I had to delete there section
because they don't use it.

I made a little file in each installation which explains the simplest
codes and points to the documentation. I beleive everything else is
overkill and they will not read (or will be read as much as the
documentation within pmwiki....).

--
Groetjes
Hans -too much english text, so I guess there will be mistakes....