[pmwiki-users] Settling link styles in a wiki group and on a page

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Nov 11 11:45:09 CST 2006

On 11/11/06, Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> Friday, November 10, 2006, 10:56:51 PM, H. wrote:
>
> > So now that it's again somewhat understandable by me, I've rewritten
> > the CSS section of the SkinGuidelines document.
>
> >    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SkinGuidelines#CSS
>
> > How's that?
>
> Thanks Hagan!
> I added a bit more and emphasized the "ultimate sequence" for loading
> styles we are aiming for, re:
>
>    1. core PmWiki styles
>    2. recipe styles
>    3. skin styles
>    4. local/admin styles

That's an excellent introduction!

> You mentioned it as another option, but I think it can be emphasized
> as the preferred option.

If so, then we should avoid explaining the wrong way first, followed
by the right way, followed by how to make the wrong way work... etc.

> I also liked the old list of style sources, and reinstated it.

I moved it to its own section.

Now a skin author who's starting afresh only needs to read the
introduction and one subsection.  The rest is just detail for deeper
understanding.

Hagan