[pmwiki-users] Categories on pmwiki.org

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat Nov 11 09:17:38 CST 2006

PmWiki does now generate category pages automatically on pmwiki.org.
The result is a swelling of the Category group by test pages creating
categories. I wonder how we can filter more genuine "official"
category pages from this group, so a meaningful list of all categories
can be given on Category.Category. One simple way would be to insert
on each "official" category page some tag text we can then use as a
filter for the pagelist. Many (not all) of these page shave some
text at the top explaining the category. Maybe that could be enough
for filtering, i.e. not showing links to empty pages?

Also we lack a tool to remove empty category pages with links to
non-existing pages. So it would be good to list them.
I suppose one can look for orphaned pages.

Or is this all too much, and we can b econtent to live with
Cookbook.Cookbook-ByCategory, which just lists meaningful categories?

 Hans