[pmwiki-users] Settling link styles in a wiki group and on a page

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 10 16:56:51 CST 2006

On 11/10/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 10:11:08AM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> > Please remind me how a skin author should override the selectors
> > PmWiki injects into the HTML header when the skin's .css properties
> > precede the <!--HeaderText--> (now <!--HTMLHeader-->) directive.
>
> Discussion since my 23-Oct message has suggested that the better
> approach is to use $HTMLHeaderFmt in skin.php:
>
>   $HTMLHeaderFmt['leanskin'] =
>     "<link rel='stylesheet' href='\$SkinDirUrl/lean.css' type='text/css' />";
>
> This causes lean.css to be loaded after PmWiki's injected styles,
> but before any administrator-provided styles in pub/css/ .

Thanks Pm.  You made the same suggestion a long time ago and I changed
it in the LightSkin but not this one.  Back then I understood PmWiki
CSS precedence, but since way back then it leaked out of my cranium.
The CSS section of the SkinGuidelines page just made matters worse.

So now that it's again somewhat understandable by me, I've rewritten
the CSS section of the SkinGuidelines document.

   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SkinGuidelines#CSS

How's that?

Hagan