[pmwiki-users] Question about $FarmD

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Fri Nov 10 13:44:22 CST 2006

I thought the program was supposed to figure out $FarmD on its own. In
my case, it didn't.

The original PmWiki files are in /home/accountname/www/pmwiki

I'm working from the field /home/accountname/www/sites/site1

/sites/site1 is almost empty. An index file, uploads directory and
wiki.d . No config file for it yet.

The only way I can get skinlist to work (the first recipe I'm
installing) is in pmwiki/local/farmconfig.php:

<?php if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();
$FarmPubDirUrl = 'http://www.onebit.ca/pmwiki/pub';
$FarmD = '/home/mhschoen/www/pmwiki';

## SKINS
$Skin = 'almostpmwiki';
$PageSkinList = array(
         'pmwiki' => 'pmwiki',
        		);
@include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/skinchange.php");
include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/skinlist.php");

Regardless of how correct that is, it works. Note also the double-quotes
around "$FarmD/cookbook/skinchange.php" .

My question is: Is this anticipated / correct behaviour? In which case
the documentation is wrong.
Or am I over-riding something I don't need to, which might mess things up?

Thanks,

Sandy