[pmwiki-users] alpha testers needed for DataQuery

Ben Stallings Ben at InterdependentWeb.com
Thu Nov 9 21:11:58 CST 2006

A couple of people have asked me when the basic functionality of
DataQuery (a general-purpose database front-end) would be ready so they
could test it with other database types besides MySQL and with other
recipes such as ZAPdata, so this evening I posted version 0.1 alpha at
Cookbook:DataQuery.

Emphasis on basic functionality.  As yet it can only list, display, and
edit records in one table at a time.  Other recipes will not be able to
write records to the database yet (since DataQuery doesn't yet know how
to parse the 'text' field into variables), but they should be able to
read and list them.

I have a demo site and tutorial up and running at
http://workscited.net/dataquery ... take it for a spin!  You can edit
the templates and everything.  Enjoy!  There's also a to-do list there,
if you have some spare time to burn.  --Ben S.