[pmwiki-users] Save data in a csv-file

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Tue Nov 7 09:21:14 CST 2006

On Nov 7, 2006, at 8:53 AM, Petra wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am quite new to pmwiki and would like to save the data of a form
> in a
> wiki-page in a csv-file. Is there a cookbook you would recommend
> using for this
> task? Or any other ideas?

I don't think there's a cookbook recipe for this, but you can send
the data from any PmWiki form to any form processing application you
want to.  I do this on my website.  So I have my own form-processing
application that emails me info from a PmWiki form only by changing
where the form is sending its data.  I wrote my own form processing
application.

Did you want that csv file as an attachment on an email?  or saved on
the server?  Note that forms accessible to the public are pretty
dangerous, so there's some standards to adhere to if grabbing
information from a public form and doing anything with it.

If you can find a code snippet or form processing PHP script anywhere
on the web that does what you're looking for, you could install it
alongside PmWiki, and just point the PmWiki form to submit its data
to the PHP script.

Crisses