[pmwiki-users] css for just one wikigroup

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Nov 7 03:16:25 CST 2006

Tuesday, November 7, 2006, 2:55:04 AM, Patrick wrote:

> There's also nothing that says a recipe cannot do other manipulations
> to $HTMLHeaderFmt, such as making sure that its entry comes at the
> beginning ot $HTMLHeaderFmt instead of the end.

> But if this is _really_ a big issue, we could always create a special
> slot for recipe headers, such that a recipe would do:

>     $HTMLHeaderFmt['recipes']['recipename'] = '...recipe header...';

> and PmWiki would make sure that this occurs immediately after
> $HTMLHeaderFmt['styles'].

> So far I'm not convinced it's a big issue that deserves special
> handling, since recipes already have sufficient control to get
> the desired effect (whatever it may be).

I think it is not a big issue and should not be handled specially.
In fact I like the current behaviour. This enables markup on pages to
inject styles late, which may be just what is desired, and I view it
as a local customisation, but coming from a wiki page.

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CSSInWikiPages
stylepage.php when using (:stylepage:) markup is doing just that,
and is exactly what it should be doing, overriding styles set already
by the skin. (:stylepage:) is in fact a local customisation.

Other recipes can avoid this by the method outlined in your previous
mail, loading an empty array entry first, and filling it later.
Thanks for the tip on this! This ought to go on some cookbook page
advising about recipe creation, I just have to find it...

Hans