[pmwiki-users] Strange Markup...

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Nov 6 16:06:28 CST 2006

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 04:46:25PM -0500, Charles Little wrote:
> > Hi Everyone-
> >
> > Is this markup supposed to be valid?  And if it is valid, what is it
> > supposed to do?
> >
> > [[!/TimeUnderChaos|Time Under Chaos]]
> >
> > Currently, it is going to the TimeUnderChaos page in the current group.  Is
> > that correct, i.e. if I do allow it to be used, will it possibly be 'fixed'
> > in a new version, causing all of these to go to a different location or not
> > work?

To me, [[!/TimeUnderChaos]] refers to a page in the current group.
Essentially PmWiki doesn't see a valid group name before the page
name, so it treats it as relative to the current group.  I don't
know that this is likely to change.

There's an argument to be made that [[!/TimeUnderChaos]] should
be equivalent to Category.TimeUnderChaos, and we could make that
work if we needed to (although this is what [[!TimeUnderChaos]] means).

At any rate, I don't see [[!/TimeUnderChaos]] as being "broken",
so it's not likely to be "fixed" in a way that would break its usage.