[pmwiki-users] (:noaction:)

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat Nov 4 03:09:34 CST 2006

Tuesday, October 31, 2006, 10:49:16 PM, Patrick wrote:

>> > The (:noaction:) directive isn't intended to eliminate
>> > the actions at the bottom of the page -- those come from the
>> > skin.  The only way to eliminate those is to modify the
>> > skin or to add a CSS property that hides them.
>>
>> I have searched pmwiki.org and could not any explanation for
>> (:noaction:), then what is it supposed to do?

> It simply turns off the section of the skin marked by
> <!--PageActionFmt--> .  In the pmwiki skin, this turns
> off the display of the actions at the top-right of
> the page (other skins may locate the actions in other
> locations).

From a users point of view I think it is reasonable to expect
(:noaction:) to hide/turn off all action links on a page, both
at the top and the foot. I think the pmwiki default skin makes only
half a job of this, and it would be good to extend this to do it
whole, by hiding the actions in the foot as well.

To do this it one could introduce another <!--Page...Fmt-->
for the foot action links (PageFootActionFmt?), and extend the
markup directive to include this as well as PageActionFmt for
the top links.

In my own skins (FixFlow, Gemini, Triad) I provide two directives, one
for the top links: (:notopmenu:) and one for the foot links:
(:nofootmenu:), and have (:noactions:) redefined for hiding both top
and foot menus. I called them menus because a user can configure them
on wiki pages as she likes, and use them for both action links and any
other kind of page navigation link.

Hans