[pmwiki-users] css for just one wikigroup

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Fri Nov 3 10:50:03 CST 2006

Tegan Dowling wrote:

> For one wikigroup "Advocacy", I'd like to have different colors for
> the h1, h2, etc headings and for the links.  What I've figured out how
> to do seems like it's probably much too complicated -- and a Bad Idea
> anyway -- which is to create a separate skin for the whole wikigroup.
>
> I have file local/Advocacy.php, which just says
>
> <?php if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();
> $Skin='advocacy';
>
> Then in pub/skins/advocacy, I have a complete set of skin files (.css,
> .tmpl, etc), which duplicate the ones in my normal pub/skins/myskin
> directory, **except** for the different colors for headings and links
> in the css file.

> What's the right thing?

Create a file called Advocacy.css in pub/css containing just the css rules
that are different when displaying the Advocacy group. PmWiki will use then
use them for displaying all pages in that group.

You can also have a pub/css/local.css file for site-wide css modifications and
individual pub/css/PAGE.GROUP.css files to specify css overrides for page PAGE
in group GROUP.