[pmwiki-users] css for just one wikigroup

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 10:03:30 CST 2006

Hi:  I know this is probably actually a basic css/html question, but
I'm not clear how to do this.

For one wikigroup "Advocacy", I'd like to have different colors for
the h1, h2, etc headings and for the links.  What I've figured out how
to do seems like it's probably much too complicated -- and a Bad Idea
anyway -- which is to create a separate skin for the whole wikigroup.

I have file local/Advocacy.php, which just says

<?php if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();
$Skin='advocacy';

Then in pub/skins/advocacy, I have a complete set of skin files (.css,
.tmpl, etc), which duplicate the ones in my normal pub/skins/myskin
directory, **except** for the different colors for headings and links
in the css file.

Again, this seems both unnecessarily complicated and bad practice,
because of the duplicate effort required to keep the advocacy skin in
sync with the regular skin.

I tried just putting the Advocacy-unique css rules into the
Advocacy.php file, and that didn't work.

What's the right thing?

Thanks!

Tegan