[pmwiki-users] Disable links to Profiles?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed May 31 23:15:48 CDT 2006

On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 01:04:24PM +1000, Roger Lainson wrote:
> PmWiki is great - I've tried a few and this is by far the best for ease
> of customisation & features.

Thanks!

> I'd like to NOT use author profiles on my site. I've restricted the
> groups that can be created, but is there some way that I can suppress
> the Profiles.name link (eg. on RecentChanges and the page History) while
> retaining the author name as plain text?

In local/config.php:

    include_once("$FarmD/scripts/author.php");
    $AuthorLink = $Author;

should be enough to do it.  (AFAIK, the page history already displays
just the author name without creating a link to the profiles page.)

If that doesn't work, then you can just set the $RecentChangesFmt
directly (this changes the default from $AuthorLink to $Author):

$RecentChangesFmt = array(
  '$SiteGroup.AllRecentChanges' =>
    '* [[{$Group}.{$Name}]]  . . . $CurrentTime $[by] $Author: [=$ChangeSummary=]',
  '$Group.RecentChanges' =>
    '* [[{$Group}/{$Name}]]  . . . $CurrentTime $[by] $Author: [=$ChangeSummary=]');

Hope this helps,