[pmwiki-users] I need a bookmarklet ...

Andy Kaplan-Myrth andy1 at kaplan-myrth.ca
Wed May 31 14:24:56 CDT 2006

I thought a bookmarklet was a great idea when I saw the first post on
this yesterday (when I joined this list :-).

I use Kind-of-Blog for blogging, and Tags for tagging. The bookmarklet
that I made adds a blog entry for a page I'm visiting, includes the
selected text, prompts for tags, and adds a link to the page. If no text
is selected, it prompts for that too. It's my first recipe, and I'm an
amateur coder, but it seems to work for IE and Firefox -- it would be
great to get some feedback.

A couple of things I'd still like it to do are:
1) focus on the Save button when it gets to the new blog page so the
user can just hit Enter to save it;
2) open a new window to add the page, so the user doesn't lose the
original page.

I couldn't figure out how to do these things...

The code is attached. It's just a modified addlinks.php, so install it
the same way, except you also have to define a variable so it knows what
group your blog is in -- see the headers for instructions.

Cheers,
Andy