[pmwiki-users] ExternMap?

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Sun May 28 15:47:14 CDT 2006

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>> I have a feeling that the questions/answers above should be added to the
>> documentation. Any thoughts regarding which page(s) I should add it to?
>
> PmWiki.CustomInterMap .

I added some text to the bottom of

 	http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/CustomInterMap

Now some additional questions... do the default pmwiki still use
scripts/intermap.txt, or has it's functionality been moved to
Site.InterMap?

And also... isn't Site.InterMap shipped with the default installation now?
If so, maybe it'd be good if $InterMapFiles was set by default to first
read a page called Site.LocalInterMap. That way the page Site.InterMap
could be updated autmatically with a new release of pmwiki.  Otherwise
someone that's modified Site.InterMap won't get anything that's changed in
the new release of PmWiki.

>> It might also be an idea to partially convert Site.InterMap into a
>> "live" example, i.e. we add some comments there which explain and
>> illustrate some of these issues.

Do you think it makes sense to add examples/documentation to
Site.InterMap?  Or would it be better to place this at
PmWiki/CustomInterMap or possibly just check that PmWiki/InterMap
documents all that Site.InterMap contains?

/Christian