[pmwiki-users] Uploads "Recent Changes"

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed May 24 11:20:31 CDT 2006

On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 09:06:49AM -0400, Scott Connard wrote:
> I am just getting into uploads and attaching documents.  Is there no
> record of who uploaded a particular file and when?  I would think
> that RecentChanges and Site.AllRecentChanges ought to capture some of
> this information.  It should also therefore be available on an RSS
> feed and a mailpost.

Early versions of PmWiki had "RecentUploads" and "AllRecentUploads"
pages that would keep track of recent uploads to the site.  That
capability was omitted from 2.0, and only two or three people have
requested the capability since.  (See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00088.)

So, we're currently awaiting demand/votes for this capability.

Also, note that uploads aren't at all the same as pages, so they
really aren't appropriate for the RecentChanges or RSS capabilities
that exist now -- at least not as things are currently modeled.

OTOH, it could be very interesting to have a way to map upload names
to pagenames and vice-versa.