[pmwiki-users] fmt=#headerinclude (was Further PmWiki Development)

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Tue May 23 17:28:18 CDT 2006

On Tue, 23 May 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 08:16:14AM +0200, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> Does the variable {$Description} have to be define?
>
> {$Description} is replaced by the value of a page's (:description ...:)
> markup.

Yes, I knew that but the wiki I was testing this on has an old pmwiki
version where it didn't work. When I tested it at pmwiki.org it works.

The really strange bit is the error message I get when trying to update:

 	svn update
 	svn: Unknown hostname "pmwiki.org"

*sigh*

I don't think it's got anything with pmwiki to do though.

Anyway, I think it'd be quite powerful to be able to do this:

* Use (:description <desc>:) to specify a description of the page
* Use {$Description} to have the description shown eg above the
   group header (there's a nice empty space there in the default skin).
* Use a format with (:pagelist:) that shows the description for pages
   where it exists.

Unfortunately I'm discovering some problems with this approach, primarily
related to what kind of text/markup that can go into the actual
description :-(

I'll have to get back on the actual problems, but I think this has great
potential for making a site more easy for new users to navigate etc.

/Christian