[pmwiki-users] Authuser Create Account

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Mon May 22 03:37:58 CDT 2006

Okay, Slashdot reports a Newsforge article showcasing MediaWiki.[1]
What caught my attention was an interesing "DefaultPasswords":

    $wgGroupPermissions['*']['createaccount'] = false;[2]

The one thing that Authuser does not do is allow account creation by
default. The Htpasswdform recipe allows administration of accounts.
However, there is not yet a way for an individual to create an account
(that I am aware of). If anybody is working to remedy this, perhaps we
could have:

   $DefaultPermissions['createaccount'] = 'id:*'; # The "Vampire" setting.

[1]: http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/05/21/1515232
[2]: http://software.newsforge.com/software/06/05/12/1539231.shtml?tid=74&tid=13

--
Ben Wilson