[pmwiki-users] splash-screen

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Fri May 19 10:48:01 CDT 2006

Client wants visitors, on arrival, to first encounter a page with a
big-old, full-screen image, which they click to continue on to the
site's Main/HomePage.

Don't want to replace Main/HomePage with this thing, since we don't
want them to have to look at it every time they return to the
Main/HomePage.

Here's what I'm thinking would work, and that I might actually be able
to figure out how to do (this is right at the present limits of my
knowlege and ability):

1) install cookbook/skinchange.php
2) in config.php, put:

$Skin = 'splashskin'; #make splash the default for the site

$PageSkinList = array(
   'normalskin' => 'normalskin',
   'splashskin' => 'splashskin');
@include_once('cookbook/skinchange.php');

3) create the .tmpl and .css files for the "splashskin".
4) use html to cause this skin to display the client's splash.jpg
thinger, as the image part of
the link

So on arrival the user goes to Main/HomePage as usual, but only sees
the image displayed by the default splashskin view, then clicks and
sees the real, wiki content of Main/HomePage in normalskin view.

Would that work, or would the real, wiki content of Main/HomePage be
visible on arrival, or other problem with it?  Thanks!

Tegan