[pmwiki-users] How much trouble are underscores in page names?

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Tue May 16 06:58:22 CDT 2006

On 5/16/06, Felix E. Klee <felix.klee at inka.de> wrote:
> If I add the following array to config.php, then I do indeed get
> underscores in page names.

Can't exactly help you here.

> Finally, I wonder whether I should just stick to the default CamelCase
> instead.  After all, it's a minor issue: To get well readable page
> titles, one can simply use the directive "(:title text:)", though most
> users probably won't.

Try the free link markup (e.g. [[wiki sandbox]]). This will allow you
to use lower case in text but have it point to a page named
"WikiSandbox."[1] To compel your users to use titles, try the
EditTitle recipe, which allows you to force the editors to use a title
(and provides an edit field.[2] From the recipe:

    In the event that you would like to force your users to include a title
    on each page, but prefer the (:title:) markup rather than the input field,
    the following settings should work:

          $EditTitle = 0;
          $ForceTitle = 1;

If you decide to use this recipe, I recommend changing line 55 to read:
    $new['text'] = $new['text']."\n(:title ".$new['title'].":)";

This recommended change is to prevent included pages from changing the
title of the parent page. This is accomplished by the parent page's
title being the last one set.

[1]: http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Links
[2]: http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/EditTitle esp. $ForceTitle

--