[pmwiki-users] moving to FreeBSD

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Sat May 13 15:11:28 CDT 2006

Hmm. Sounds like PHP got compiled without preg. You should check what
flags were used to compile, and if the perl-based regular expressions
were compiled in. See if pcre.c is there.[1] If not, then maybe it
can't link. Maybe your PHP expects that other regex protocol, but I
thought that was deprecated. (I use Gentoo, though I have a marginal
recollection of FreeBSD.)

[1]: http://www.pcre.org/

On 5/13/06, Tom Rue <tomrue at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm in the process of migrating my entire website from Windows 2003 Server
> to a FreeBSD machine. When I copy the PmWiki files to the FreeBSD box, I get
> the following error upon attempting to open the base page at:
>
>  http://wiki.tomrue.net:82/pmwiki.php :
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function preg_replace() in
> /usr/www/tomrue.net/wiki/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on line 68
>
> I have PHP5 installed, though it probably needs configuration tweaking.
> Advice on this would be appreciated. Note that the FreeBSD box is running on
> port 82 until I get it running with no hitches; the Win2k3 box is on port
> 80.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Tom
>
> --