[pmwiki-users] Getting results of a CGI onto a wiki page?

Felix E. Klee felix.klee at inka.de
Thu May 11 16:57:09 CDT 2006

I'm looking for a Wiki that allows me to create dynamic content.  In
general, such content would be based on three components:

1. An (e.g. PHP-)function that is being passed some input parameters
  and, after processing, sets some output parameters.  This function is
  written e.g. by the wiki administrator.

  Example (pseudo code):

    function multiply {
      output_product = input_x * input_y
      output_x = input_x
      output_y = input_y
    }

2. A wiki page containing a form, among other content.

  Example (pseudo code):

    After hitting submit, the result will be displayed on the wiki page
    [[ResultPage]].

    (:input form "multiply":function:ResultPage)
    ||   multiplier:||(:input text x:)||
    || multiplicant:||(:input text y:)||
    || (:input submit value="multiply":)|| ||
    (:input end:)

3. A wiki page used for showing the result.  Its source contains place
  holders.

  Example (pseudo code):

    The result of the multiplication of $x and $y is $product.

Can pmwiki do this?  What other wikis are there which could be suited
for this type of task?

--
Felix E. Klee