[pmwiki-users] Frustrated newbie: T_STRING?

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Thu May 11 04:14:29 CDT 2006

John Rankin schrieb:
> Do you by any chance have an extra 'return' character at the end of
> the config.php file, after the closing ?> tag?

This doesn't explain the type of error Heather is experiencing.
(Besides, config.php shouldn't have a closing ?> tag anyway.)

Heather wrote:
> But the nutty thing is, I don't HAVE a line 215 in my config file!

I'm pretty sure you have a line 214. (Possibly an empty one.)
When looking for the end of the string, PHP continues to scan the file,
incrementing the "current line number counter" with each end-of-line.
When it hits the end of the file, that counter is at 215, which is then
printed.
(Most compilers for most languages have this bug. I guess most people
find it too insignificant to bother fixing it.)

Regards,
Jo