[pmwiki-users] PMWiki newbie question

mike moller mike.moller at gmail.com
Sat May 6 19:30:35 CDT 2006

Hi all
I'm a real newbie at PMWiki but long IT experience who needs to get on top
of PHP

Thus far I've got the 2.1.5 distribution up locally using the localhost
server thing - all goes well, evaluated PMWiki sufficiently to convice me to
use it for a replacement for my present website and learning heaps from the
documentation

Last night put the distro up on my webhost's server (apache et al I think)
and basically it's running www.lallybroch.co.nz/pmwiki/pmwiki.php but I have
an error with the  wiki.d/.flock  which is killing editing etc

I've got to talk to the webhost support on Monday about some lost password
issues etc (main site has been running for several years so I haven't needed
these things and things go missing :-)  The looking around I've been able to
do suggests that he has the display the "." files suppressed so I can't see
what the access settings are at present or indeed whether the .flock and
other "."s have actually been loaded to the server

I could use some pointers on what I should be looking for to get past this
impasse and suggestion on any PMWiki specific things I should be talking to
the webhost people about

Thank you
--
Mike Moller