[pmwiki-users] Using LDAP with AuthUser for Group permissions

Erik Domingo edomingo1 at gmail.com
Fri May 5 11:29:56 CDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm trying to use AuthUser with LDAP to set edit permissions on groups in my
wiki. I've setup these groups with names like 'Sales-Marketing',
'Operations', 'HR', 'IT', etc.

I'm able to query my LDAP server to get various user attributes.  I can also
set the 'edit' password on the groups using the "group:groupname" format
suggested in the AuthUser recipe. Is this enough for authuser.php to know
that if the user authenticates, and has an 'OU' attribute equal to a group
name (ie Operations), then they should have authorization to edit pages in
that wikigroup? Or do I need to create another recipe to use in conjuction
with authuser?

Thanks in advance for all the help!
Erik