[pmwiki-users] link a file

Brehmer, Daniel brehmer at slac.stanford.edu
Thu May 4 20:46:18 CDT 2006

	I've looked, but cannot find any instructions on how to create a link for a file.

	Can it be done?

	I've tried [[file://path/filename]], but that doesn seem to work.

	Ron

I have run into the same problem. With IE that sort of url will work, but not in Firefox. Since I have a lot of links to files on our network I put a note about it on the front page of the wiki. If you are using Firefox you can make these links work if you install the extension IEView. Get it here - https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=35&application=firefox

I also have a link to the extension on the wiki front page. Then, if you right click the file link and select "Open Link Target in IE" it will open the file straight away without even opening an IE window.

-Dan