[pmwiki-users] RSS cron publisher?

Allister Jenks arj at zkarj.co.nz
Wed May 3 18:46:49 CDT 2006

On 5/4/06, Tim Ahrentløv <ta at ateist.org> wrote:
> I would like to include a list of recent wiki changes on the front page of a
> site. But due to the (lack of) speed in rss feeds, it would be nice if I
> could have a cron script that published the rss feed every hour or so.
>
> Are there anyone who had have something that does anything similar?

I recently put up a cookbook recipe called InlineRSS.  Take a look at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/InlineRSS for details.  It says
the instructions are still in draft because I have not had a chance to
test them.  If someone would like to do that, it can be de-drafted.  I
just don't have the time at the moment as I have a new site up with
pay content that launches 1st June!

It does configurable caching of the RSS, so should give you what you
need.  Also, it doesn't need any other tools.

--
Allister