[pmwiki-users] "Pay me a lot of money" (was: Question about the pmwiki editor..

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Mar 30 16:26:09 CST 2006

On Thursday, 30 March 2006 11:22 AM, John Rankin <john.rankin at affinity.co.nz> wrote:
>On Thursday, 30 March 2006 10:21 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>>On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 07:52:29PM -0800, Michael P Nagy wrote:
>>> The other day however, I was looking at the schools otherwise awful web
>>> page creation software for kids, which is entirely web based. It seem to
>>> use only javascript, and html and is processed on the server (another
>>> separate education department server) by php. Yet it enables the kids to
>>> see the changes. Its has a GUI sort of similar to PmWiki, with all the
>>> icons, yet when they change the text to bold, or change the text
>>> size/font, it updates in the web browser in real time seamlessly.
>>>
><snip>
>
>>(OTOH, if anyone wants to pay me a lot of money to tackle
>>the problem, I could see what I could come up with. :-)

Patrick:

1. Are you serious? I'm sure you would do a great job.

2. Do you know about the OSDL Fellowship Fund?
http://www.osdl.org/newsroom/press_releases/2006/2006_03_29_beaverton.html

3. How much is "a lot of money"?

4. Would you like me to find out if a wysiwyg wiki editor would meet the funding criteria?

It's Friday, what the hell...
--
JR