[pmwiki-users] Using External Authentication

Gary Spivey gspivey at georgefox.edu
Mon Mar 27 23:24:40 CST 2006

I want to embed PmWiki within my own CMS. I have my own LDAP login
mechanism and they set SESSION variables. What I would like to implement
is a system whereby PmWiki uses those variables (authenticated, uid,
name, group, etc.) to govern page by page capabilities. I would love to
check boxes in the attributes section to give access to various levels
of authentication.

I have glanced a bit at UserAuth and AuthUser and I am feeling a little
overwhelmed. Has somebody basically done what I want to do already or am
I looking a significant coding effort?

-Gary