[pmwiki-users] Setting and getting cookies in PmWiki

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sun Mar 26 03:37:17 CST 2006

Bellave Jayaram schrieb:
> 	Thanks, I will try the hidden field idea but don't I still need the
> (?name) markup to be able to code my generating function (in other words,
> the "checkout")? I am still a little confused because of all these multiple
> pages/forms and hidden fields and how it might all work but....

Oh, I'm not sure how to place <?input ... /> markup on a wiki page. I
was writing from an HTML perspective; PmWiki offers several recipes to
build forms, or you could define a BellavesInputForm markup that
generates the HTML you want, or you could simply set up a separate HTML
page.

All you need for form processing is:
a) Something that generates HTML à la
   <form action="scripturl" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
     <input type="..." name="some_name" value="..." />
   </form>
b) At URL "scripturl", a script that looks into $_REQUEST ['some_name']
to process the input.

PmWiki's forms recipes are mostly about (a), though some endeavour to at
least explain how to do (b) from within PmWiki.

> 	Alternatively, since the (?name) markup is not available, and to
> avoid multiple pages, should I consider including each of the pages with a
> form into one big page (could be of the order of 1000 lines with about 200
> checkboxes) so then it becomes easy to process just one form?

Can't tell without additional details.

In practice, programming considerations should come after ergonomic
ones. I.e. if the user is supposed to consider just some of these
checkboxes, the forms should be places on different pages.

You can have multiple pages that all use the same scripturl. So you can
set up several forms and have them all processed by the same script.

HTH
Jo