[pmwiki-users] Wiki farm confusion

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Fri Mar 24 13:36:23 CST 2006

Agreed on the "hey, that was easy!" feeling being important.

A recipe bundle that will work for 80% of users would be great. You
can't meet the needs of everyone in one recipe.

Say up front which situations it won't work for, and why. Is it because
the retrofit is difficult? My guess is the list will be small. They can
still install the vanilla system and get a good feel for how it will
work rather than having to fully customize it before making their first
page, and only then realize they hate it. Or, even worse, make a mistake
while customizing it and conclude the entire package is garbage.

Non-vanilla situations can then be either completely new recipes, or
"follow vanilla, with the following changes".

Sandy