[pmwiki-users] RFC: An improved (:attachlist:) - (:filelist:)

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Fri Mar 24 08:02:40 CST 2006

At 2006-03-24  07:37 AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 11:23:58PM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
> > Even if I could have some other markup (FileSize:??) then I could do this:
> >
> > Attach:How The Heck Big Can Files Get.pdf  (FileSize:How The Heck Big
> > Can Files Get.pdf)
> >
> > Any takers on giving me the PHP needed??
>
>I'm thinking that FileSize: as listed here isn't very author-friendly --
>I'd like to come up with a better syntax somehow.  I'm just not sure
>how at the moment.
>
>Pm

My thinking with FileSize: was that it could be a recipe that would
avoid making changes to Attach: . I hate having to enter the filename twice.

My number one choice is still AttachVerbose: which I was hoping could
be implemented as part of the Attach: markup. So to see the filename
only, use Attach:, but to see the file size,  use AttachVerbose:.

I mulled over Attach:, AttachS:, and AttachSD: as the naked file
name, then with size, then with size and date but they are not as
obvious as AttachVerbose:

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/