[pmwiki-users] Wiki speed diferences, no apparent reason

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Mar 23 09:22:12 CST 2006

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 11:23:18AM -0700, Philip Stitt wrote:
> >  My PmWiki site (2.1.3 with some cookbook recipes) is hosted in a Server
> >  provided by my university (Nice University of France) and I have never
> >  experienced a slow down of my PmWiki site.
>
> If some admins (like myself) are frequently having performance problems,
> and other admins (like Jean) *never* have these problems, then I think a
> list of comparisons might help in isolating the problem. If you are
> running a wiki that is always fast, I'd like to know how you have your
> system set up, perhaps I could replicate it. That was really what I had
> in mind for a "performance" page - who's having problems, who's not, and
> how do their set-ups compare - including server, OS, recipes, PHP
> version, etc.

That would be great -- care to start?  Fill in the following
details... (include version numbers where appropriate):

    OS:
    Webserver:
    PHP:
    PmWiki:
    RAM:

For pmwiki.org, the details are:

    OS: Fedora Core 2, Linux 2.4.20 kernel (VPS environment)
    Webserver: Apache 1.3.33 w/mod_auth_passthrough, mod_log_bytes,
        mod_bwlimited, mod_ssl
    PHP: 4.3.11, Apache API
    PmWiki: 2.1.3
    RAM:  512MB