[pmwiki-users] Post-processing recipes

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 11:53:57 CST 2006

On 3/22/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 05:06:29PM +0100, Dominique Faure wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Lokking at the PmWiki execution flow, I noticed that there's no way
> > (without modifying pmwiki.php) to trigger some custom post-processing
> > code, and the register_shutdown_function's php feature is often
> > triggered too late...
> >
> > Could we have something implemented in pmwiki.php around line 322
> > (latest version)?
>
> What sort of custom post-processing code are you looking for?

The first thing that come to my mind is for instance the ActionLog
recipe: All the recipe processing is made at the end of the recipe
source which comes in pmwiki.php before stdconfig.php and the real
PmWiki processing:

* %annoying_only% I have to ask admins to include 'scripts/author.php'
and/or 'scripts/authuser.php' *before* 'cookbook/actionlog.php' to
have the {$Author} and {$AuthId} page variables initialized.

* %more_problematic% Since this recipe generates some page content
({$SiteGroup}.ActionLog), it needs to have access to the PageStore
and this may be problematic (cf. php bug 33772).

In the meantime, I more or less planned to have a way to dynamically
synch pages between several wikis instances in a master (read/write) -
servant (read only) architecture, and thought that the post processing
phase would be the right place to push the datas (pages/uploads/...)
from the master to the servants.

Practically this could be made as an an array of callback function
names to call.

Dom