[pmwiki-users] Wiki speed diferences, no apparent reason

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Wed Mar 22 09:07:06 CST 2006

Patrick R. Michaud schrieb:
> On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 02:09:05PM +0100, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
>
>   I also find it bizarre that many of the PmWiki/PHP processes
>   continue running beyond the "max execution time" parameter
>   (30 seconds on pmwiki.org), which again would seem to indicate
>   a problem in PHP or Apache and not PmWiki.

That might be because the numbers might relate to different things.

IIRC PHP's resource limit is userspace CPU seconds and doesn't include
the time for subprocesses or system calls.
I'm not sure what numbers you were looking at, but they might include
system time and/or subprocesses. It might even be wallclock time, in
which case the process might simply be waiting for something to happen
that doesn't and not be using any CPU.

Regards,
Jo