[pmwiki-users] converting the VisitorsLogging script

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Tue Mar 21 17:45:20 CST 2006

The cookbook script:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/VisitorsLogging

does exactly what I want it to do with a couple of exceptions, and I
am hoping someone can suggest to me how to modify the script to meet my goals.

For every action a visitor performs, the script appends a single log
line to the bottom of a pure text file in a directory inside wiki.d/.
It starts a new file every day and it deletes files that are more
than "n" days old.

I want to convert it to add the log line to the bottom of a wiki page
(say Site.VisitorLog) and that's it. No rotation, no pruning, nada.

I want to be able to see the log from a browser, and I suppose I
could do includes of the files, yada, yada - but just having a wiki
page that I can edit and archive as I see fit would be best.

Later, when I am feeling fancy, I will ask for wiki-accessible
controls on a page called Site.VisitorLogControls.

Thanks to Christophe David for the current script.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668