[pmwiki-users] Confused wikitrail in DocumentationIndex (2.1.3)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Mar 21 10:18:34 CST 2006

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 07:16:55PM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> On 3/20/06, ljb <ljb220 at mindspring.com> wrote:
> > Looking at 2.1.3, my own site and pmwiki.org, the WikiTrail in
> > PmWiki/DocumentationIndex seems to be confused.  Click on the first page
> > BasicEditing and look at the trail links at the bottom: the next page
> > should be CreatingNewPages but instead it jumps to AccessKeys.
> >
> > It seems that if you have duplicate page names in the list which makes the
> > trail, it uses the last match to make the previous and next links.
>
> It used to be the first match, not the last.  Originally it was a loop
> and AccessKeys was outside the loop.  Something must have changed in
> PmWiki.

I don't know what would've changed recently -- I don't recall having
made any changes to trails.php.  Perhaps I'm just misremembering
how trails work, or were supposed to work.

I don't know that I ever had tested or worked out the case where
a loop was created in the middle of a trail; I might have spec'd
it out only for loops at the end of a trail.  I'll have to think
about this one a bit.