[pmwiki-users] wildcard user name in authuser

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Tue Mar 21 09:19:15 CST 2006

At 2006-03-21  08:59 AM -0500, The Editor is rumored to have said:
>If so, these lines in your config.php file will set $Author to
>$AuthId, and force it to be recorded--even if they try and change the
>author name to something else when they edit a page.
>
>include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");
>$EnablePostAuthorRequired = 1;
>$Author = $AuthId;

I have given this a try, and it almost works.

$EnablePostAuthorRequired = 1;   is set in farmconfig.php because all
my wikis forbid anonymous posts

In the wiki's config.php file I have:
$DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('xxxxxx');
$DefaultPasswords['read'] = crypt('yyyyyyy');
#Get the buggers to log on to read and capture their Author name as a result
include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");
$Author = $AuthId;

The $Author does not get set to the login name. I don't have a clue
why. Using Gemini 10 skin, and it does not show the login name.

  .... thinks while typing ....

The problem may be a farmconfig setting:
## This will set the author field on all requests authenticated by
the webserver.
## It will even override anything the author happens to put in the "Author"
## box on the edit form.
if (@$_SERVER['REMOTE_USER']) $Author = $_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'];

but I am not using Apache BA on this site, so I don't see why it
would be a problem.

Remaining hair being pulled out while waiting for answer ....

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668