[pmwiki-users] only blank page

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 07:53:48 CST 2006

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, Jonas Bernoulli wrote:

> hello
>
> i am trying to install pmwiki for the first time and have run into the
> following problem.
>
> after i have moved pmwiki-2.1.3 into <path>/htdocs i can access
> pmwiki.php but the page is empty. that is zero characters in it. tried
> with 2.1.2 too.

Do you know if pmwiki.php is executed? An easy way to test that is to
simply edit the file and very early insert the followin line:

	echo "Hello world!";

If it is executing, the page that was blank should now show 'Hello
World!'. It's at least a step on the way...

Btw, I wonder if it'd make sense to add something like:

	http://someurl/pmwiki.php?action=hello

Just to get this, as part of a troubleshooting protocol

/Christian