[pmwiki-users] wiki farm terminology

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Mon Mar 20 08:14:07 CST 2006

At 2006-03-20  08:04 AM -0600, Tegan Dowling is rumored to have said:
>On 3/20/06, Neil Herber <<mailto:nospam at eton.ca>nospam at eton.ca> wrote:
>At 2006-03-20  01:06 PM +0000, Hans is rumored to have said:
> >So you just need to set the admin password last, after invoking the
> >local/config.php scripts.
>
>If you do this, then you have forced all the wikis in the farm to
>have the same admin password. So if I know one, I can get into any of
>the supposedly isolated wikis.
>

>Is this necessarily so?  Can you not have an admin password set in
>local/config.php AND in the farmconfig.php?

As I said before, unless I am sadly mistaken, there is only one admin
password per wiki. An admin password can be declared in
farmconfig.php and it applies to the whole farm. In any individual
wiki in the farm, an admin password set in config.php overrides the
farm-wide password

If farmconfig.php invokes config.php before declaring the admin
password, then the farm-wide password overrides the local declaration.

Or put more simply, whichever password is declared last wins.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668