[pmwiki-users] Robots, lofi, skin, SEO

Anno anno at shroomery.org
Mon Mar 20 02:56:21 CST 2006

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 06:02:02AM -0800, Carlos AB wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> How can I make web robots index pages of my site, using a specifically
>> designed skin for them. I saw this in some sites from Brazil, where
>> webmasters have a "hifi" version of the site for users and a specially
>> designed "lofi" (SE optmized, tableless design and so on) for the search
>> engines.
>
> In local/config.php:
>
>     include_once("$FarmD/scripts/robots.php");
>     if ($IsRobotAgent) $Skin = 'lofi';
>
> See the scripts/robots.php file for a list of user agents that
> PmWiki considers to be robots.
>
>> This idea could be extended to skins for mobiles... maybe.
>
>     $MobilePattern = 'pattern to recognize mobile user agents';
>     if (preg_match("/$MobilePattern/", $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']))
>       $Skin = 'mobile';
>
> Pm

I would like to display the login link only, if the user is not
authenticated, and not a robot.

I am not clear on the exact sytax though concerning variables and
combining variables. I tried this
(:if ! auth edit && ! enabled IsRobotAgent
:)[[{$Name}?action=login|Login]](:ifend:)

to no avail. I also tried $IsRobotAgent and {$IsRobotAgent}