[pmwiki-users] Best practice for config file

Jan Erik Moström lists at mostrom.pp.se
Mon Mar 20 02:31:09 CST 2006

During the last few updates I've just copied files from the new distribution
to my site overwriting the existing files ... pretty easy, but the config
file is something I wonder about. Should I make changes to the new one, let
the old stay and only change for certain releases (which ones?), or ... ?

Yes, I know I'm lazy ;-)

Could updating be made even simpler by moving all distribution files into one
folder and all locally modified ones into another (for example two skins
folders, in the local folder and one in the distribution) ...

                        jem
--
Jan Erik Moström, www.mostrom.pp.se